Sunday, November 12, 2006

Box Model Hack

I used to be blissfully unaware of things such as the Box Model Hack.

As primarily a Windows App developer, and sometimes ASP.NET developer I didn't need to know about the intricacies of CSS and standards compliant XHTML. I have been doing a lot more Web Apps/Sites of late and have unfortunately come across the "wonders" of IE's interpretation of how HTML should be rendered. I now understand the hate and vitriol web coders have for IE. All I can say is download FireFox and use it. The more people using Firefox the better in my opinion.

Two reasons:
1 - it's a better more secure browser
2- it renders HTML the way it should be rendered

I'll get back to my CSS file now and try and get the site I'm coding to look the same in all browsers. That aint easy ;-(

No comments: